Boca West Country Club, one of the nations largest private equity owned clubs, spans 1,400 acres of lush tropical landscaping in Boca Raton, Florida. Boca West features four 18-hole championship golf courses designed by three of the legendary golf course architects of our time, Arnold Palmer, Pete Dye, and Jim Fazio. A few of the clubs many notable accomplishments include #1 Private Residential Country Club in the Country and #1 Private Club, of all types, in the State of Florida.
Boca West is excited to announce the exceptional career opportunity of a 2nd Assistant Superintendent. Responsibilities will include, but are not limited to: pesticide and fertilizer applications, supervision of staff members, and assisting in the planning and scheduling of golf course work. This position reports directly to the Golf Course Superintendent and offers an excellent opportunity to learn and advance within our operation.
Minimum 2 or 4 year degree in Turfgrass Management or related.
• Must be a self-starter, able to work effectively in a fast paced, dynamic environment with frequently changing priorities, handle multiple tasks concurrently, attend to details, and meet deadlines.
• Ability to work in a large team-oriented atmosphere.
• Knowledge and the care and maintenance of warm season turfgrasses including Tif-Eagle Bermudagrass and Seashore Paspalum is a plus.
• Assists in the planning and application of all pesticides and fertilizers.
• Working knowledge of irrigation systems and the ability to repair.
• Ability to obtain a Florida Pesticide Applicator's License