By The Golf Club at Mansion Ridge,
Monroe, New York,
Rob Capecelatro, 1292 Orange Turnpike , Monroe, New York, 10950,
The Golf Club at Mansion Ridge in Monroe, NY is a Jack Nicklaus signature design semi-private golf course. We have just celebrated our 20th season this past year. Now managed by world leader Troon Golf, we have just completed large-scale capital projects such as new cart paths, bridges, bunker renovation, tree removal and drainage that have reinvigorated the entire property. The Club sits on a historic 220 acre estate with landmarks predating the American Revolution.
Key Responsibilities of the Assistant Superintendent:
• Works with the Superintendent to ensure that the annual golf course maintenance budget and capital plans are maintained and followed.
• Supervises and assists maintenance staff in daily duties.
• Assists in the scheduling, planning, organizing and direction of the maintenance and construction of putting greens, tees, fairways, roughs, native areas and bunkers.
• Supervises the planting and cultural practices involved in growing various turf grasses, trees and ornamental plants.
• Assists in the procurement of supplies and materials and ensures costs remain within budgetary limitations.
• Keeps records of annual maintenance activities and costs.
• Follows sound purchasing procedures utilizing preferred vendors, when possible.
• Reconciles and provides timely coding of all invoices, payroll and other required documents.
• Coordinates snow removal.
• Ensures all company policies and procedures are followed including compliance with government regulations.
• Ensures associates obtain proper licenses needed to perform job tasks safely and within city, state, and federal regulations. Addresses directly all real or perceived environmental concerns.
• Manages department members that may include, but is not limited to: Mechanic, Equipment Operators, Foreman, Greenskeepers, and Irrigation Technician.
• Assures that effective orientation and training are given to each new associate. Develops ongoing training programs.
• Incorporates safe work practices in job performance.
2 year degree from an accredited turf school in turf management or related field.
2-4 years of golf course experience. 2 years as an assistant or manager preferred but recent graduates are strongly encouraged to apply.
The ideal candidate will posses a working knowledge of irrigation repair and maintenance and have experience with pesticide applications. Candidate must have a strong work ethic, a positive attitude, and be able to work in a team oriented environment.
Comprehensive benefit package offered by Troon Golf including medical & dental after 90 days, 401K (3% match), paid time off, paid dues to local associations, uniforms, golf privileges.
Date Job is Available
Depends on experience
Job Application Instructions
Please send cover letter and resume to Golf Course Superintendent Rob Capecelatro at email@example.com