This is a full-time, year round position that will ask the employee to learn and lead on a daily basis. Our assistant will support the maintenance plan and assist in training and supervising our seasonal crew, as well as participate in all aspects of turf maintenance (calibration, application, cultural duties such as topdressing, etc) to maintain a high level of turf without sacrificing playability to our customers.
Duties include but are not limited to:
- Course set up (oversee and participate with staff)
- Safety program planning, development, and administration
- Accurate and thorough record keeping and application of fertility and pesticides
- Help in solving and repairing irrigation breaks/problems
- Assist with Project planning, development, and implementation for improvements
Course Overview: Bully Pulpit is a nationally acclaimed 18-hole, par 72 daily fee golf course designed by Dr. Michael Hurdzan. We are located on the I-94 corridor in the Scenic and historic Badlands of North Dakota along the Little Missouri River, just 3 miles south of Historic Medora, ND. The golf course measures 7,166 yards from the Championship tees, but has 4 other sets to choose from. Greens are grassed with Seaside II creeping bentgrass, and the tees, fairways, and roughs are mixture of Kentucky Blues and Fine Fescues. Modern fleet of Toro and John Deere equipment, Rainbird Nimbus II central decoder irrigation system.
All Applicants will be considered.
- Minimum 2 year certificate in turf related program
- A good grasp of the game of golf and desire to learn
- Good communication skills, written and oral
- Experience with Application of chemical inputs in Turf Maintenance
- Ability to be self motivating and be detail orientated.
The Bully Pulpit Maintenance team is routinely working to improve the property through renovations and additions. Experience gained will feature tee and bunker renovation, construction, or removal; irrigation installation and renovation; drainage work; as well as numerous landscaping features. The Assistant Superintendent will be asked to participate in the design and execution of these projects.
We take pride in providing the highest quality playing conditions on a daily basis. This is an excellent opportunity for you to learn and grow, as an individual and as a professional turfgrass manager. Our facility has a typical golf season of April 10 to October 25. During this short season, we will see approximately 17,500 rounds, with the majority of play in the months of July, August, and September. Medora is the number 1 tourist destination in North Dakota, and our Golf Course is a centerpiece for visitation to the community and region.
Available Housing Options; In season Meals and golfing privileges; Health, dental and Vision insurance; Life Insurance and Long term Disability; 401 K contribution program; Uniforms; Paid Vacation and Sick Leave