By Meridian Hills Country Club,
Jared Weight, 7099 Spring Mill Rd, Indianapolis, Indiana, 46260,
The Assistant-in-Training will report directly to the Superintendent and Assistants as an entry level management position. The ideal candidate will be a college graduate or anticipating graduation this coming Spring with a concentration in turf, horticultural or plant science. He/she will have at least two seasons of previous experience working on a golf course with a strong ambition to grow a career. This position will provide exposure and learning opportunities for the following duties:
- All golf course mowing practices (walk behind and ride on mowers)
- Bunker management.
- Pesticide and Fertilizer application, equipment calibration, and philosophy.
- Irrigation repair, maintenance, and application (including hand watering)
- Small crew leadership to complete special assignments / projects.
The ultimately goal of this position is to prepare someone to step into the role of an Assistant Superintendent in the future.
Meridian Hills Country Club is a private facility located in Indianapolis, IN and was established in 1923. It's original architect, William Diddel, designed approximately 300 golf courses throughout the Mid-West. Being a parkland style course, the terrain consists of minimal elevation change and tight tree-lined corridors. Considered one of the top clubs in the area, Meridian Hills plays host to a number of local and regional amateur events.
Diploma or Certificate from an accredited University. (Online, 2 year, or 4 year Bachelors)
Minimum 2+ years seasonal employment on a golf course.
Experience in the above mentioned duties is preferred, but not required.
- Employee Housing on site (within walking distance) for the first full year.
- Golf Privileges on Mondays after 4pm.
- PGA Tournament Volunteer Experience Possible
Date Job is Available
Hourly, DOE + OT + Housing
Job Application Instructions
Email Cover Letter, Resume and References to Jared Weight at email@example.com