By Jerry Pate Turf & Irrigation, Inc.,
George Brooke-Powell, 301 Schubert Drive, Pensacola, Florida, 32504,
Are you tired of doing the same thing every day; do you want an opportunity to develop and grow? We are offering a unique opportunity to join the team at Jerry Pate Company as one of our Irrigation Field Service Technicians within our Gulf Coast territory.
Jerry Pate Company is the leading commercial golf & grounds equipment and irrigation distributor in the southeast. We are seeking Mobile Irrigation Service Technicians to service our customers along the Gulf Coast, from the Florida panhandle to Louisiana. This position provides technical support services and installation of irrigation products at our customer's locations. The ideal candidate should not only have experience with pump station operation, controls, components, irrigation control software, field controllers, radios, sprinklers, electrical wiring, hydraulic controls, and valves, but should also possess trouble shooting skills. This position interfaces directly with the customer and contributes to customer satisfaction by identifying the issue, resolving the issue the first time and meeting and or exceeding expectations.
The ideal candidate should be located along the Florida panhandle, Alabama, Mississippi, or the Louisiana gulf coast.
Equal Opportunity Employer and Drug Free Workplace. Background and motor vehicle checks will be conducted.
1. Experience in proper operation and maintenance of irrigation systems or similar electrical and hydraulic systems.
2. Experience in irrigation system and pump station diagnostics and repair, including diagnostics and troubleshooting of electronics.
3. Strong safety awareness and history of adherence to safety practices.
4. Excellent verbal and written communications skills, while working independently.
5. Highly motivated and organized with accuracy and attention to detail.
6. Microsoft Windows 10, Office 365, and other relevant computer software.
7. Commitment to continued professional development.
A valid driver's license with a clean motor vehicle record is required.Must own your own tools, possess excellent time management skills, and meet the physical requirements including but not limited to; standing for an entire shift, climbing, lifting, bending, stooping, and moving equipment up to 75lbs.Some overnight travel will be required.
Health Insurance, 401K Retirement Plan, Company Vehicle, Computer, Cell Phone, Uniforms, Vacation, and Sick Leave.