Jim Hamilton, 14320 N. Hohokam Village Place, Oro Valley, Arizona, 85755,
- Knowledge of golf course operations. - Knowledge of irrigation systems. - Knowledge of and ability to perform required role in emergency situations. - Cooperate with, and respect fellow employees. - Presents a professional image at all times.
- Plants and maintains ornamental shrubs, trees, and flowers.
- Performs basic labor on the golf course.
- Trims and feeds shrubs and trees; removes cuttings.
- Maintains landscape beds around clubhouse and golf course grounds.
- Rakes and blows leaves, walkways, parking lots, cart storage areas, driveways, etc.
-Mows greens and fairways by operating walk-behind turf equipment.
- Prepares and lays sod.
- Fills divots and repairs ball marks.
- Basic operation of utility vehicles, sod cutters, weed-eaters, hand-held blowers, small equipment/etc.
- Rakes and edges bunkers and periodically fills with sand.
- Loads and unloads materials.
- Repairs and maintains driving range tees.
- Cleans any/all equipment used on the golf course grounds.
- Aerifies and spikes greens.
- Digs holes and trenches to maintain or construct irrigation and drainage lines.
- Installs pipe and backfills excavations.
- Empties garbage cans.
- Attends staff meetings.
- Performs manual watering on the golf course.
- Performs other appropriate tasks as assigned by immediate supervisor.
Some High School
Six months of experience in golf course grounds maintenance or greenskeeping is preferred.
- Regularly exposed to moving mechanical parts and outside weather conditions. - Frequently exposed to fumes or airborne particles and toxic or caustic chemicals. - Occasionally exposed to wet and/or humid conditions; high, precarious places; extreme cold; extreme heat; risk of electrical shock; and vibration.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate to loud. - Able to meet and perform the physical requirements and to work effectively in an environment, which is typical of this position. - Frequent lifting, bending, climbing, stooping and pulling. - May need to use some protective equipment, such as a respirator, gloves, earplugs, eye guards/visors, boots and hat. - Often required to get dirty and/or work in dirty environments. - Prefer that all groundskeepers possess a valid driver’s license.
Medical, Dental & Vision after 60 days of employment
401K with matching after 1 year of employment