We are looking for a highly energetic individual that is currently or spires to be a Golf Course Superintendent. The position would require the candidate to be hands on, reliable, trustworthy and also possess the ability to delegate and responsibly supervise all grounds and maintenance staff on the golf course.
- Knowledge of southern climate grasses and cultural practices involved in maintaining quality playing conditions in and around the golf course.
- Fertilizer and pesticide application and and the supervision of these applications.
- Knowledge of irrigation installation, maintenance, and repair
- Supervision and training of golf course maintenance staff.
- working knowledge of golf course equipment and operator care
- Responsible for all phases of Golf Maintenance and Agronomic operations, cost control, and personnel
- Oversee the care and maintenance of the turf, ornamental plants, shrubs, trees and wetlands on the facility grounds.
- Work closely with, advise, and coordinate with the General Facility Manager on any issues related to golf course maintenance.
- Purchase products, monitor daily records, and maintain inventory
- Inform staff of procedures and standards
- Train staff on safe operation of maintenance equipment
- Inspect golf course and maintenance areas daily for vandalism and environmental/safety concerns
- Conduct daily facility security checks, ensuring accurate inventory of equipment and keys
- Direct and participate in the construction and maintenance of the grounds
- Oversee subordinates in proper and safe operation and maintenance of mechanical and power equipment
- Work closely with the General Manager to operate the Golf Course in a fiscally responsible and professional manner
- Maintain records and complete required reporting; order parts, supplies and equipment as needed
- Schedule maintenance practices around golf play and outings to maximize efficiency and minimize disruption to players
- Ability to operate light motorized equipment
- Must have a pesticide license within 90 days of employment and maintain an active license
- Must have a valid driver's license
To Apply for the Superintendent position, send and email with resume and work history to, firstname.lastname@example.org
Date Job is Available
$35,000 - $55,000 based upon experience and qualifications