By L'Auberge Casino Resort Lake Charles,
Lake Charles, Louisiana,
Laura Haley, 777 Avenue L'Auberge, Lake Charles, Louisiana, 70601,
As a Golf Spray Technician you are responsible for providing superior service to both the internal and external customer.The Golf Spray Technician is also responsible for managing the chemical storage facility and irrigation system; plus, knowledge of plant species, diseases, insects and general fertility.
(The following statements are intended as general illustrations of the work in this job class and are not all-inclusive for this position.)
1. Provides superior customer service, positively effects interactions with customers and employees, and has the resiliency to deal with difficult customers in all types of business conditions and the ability to work harmoniously with coworkers.
2. Creates chemical and irrigation application plans.
3. Instructs and/or trains golf course maintenance workers regarding preventative maintenance and the proper cleaning and safe operation of chemical application equipment.
4. Maintains appearance and health of turf; while, maintaining irrigation system.
5. Instructs golf maintenance attendants in routine maintenance of turf and irrigation system.
6. Applies pesticides and fertilizers to turf and ornamental plantings.
7. Advises the Golf Maintenance Manager of needed chemical applications and irrigation preventative maintenance.
8. Maintains and repairs chemical application equipment and other golf maintenance equipment and structures.
9. Operates chemical application equipment and other light equipment in hauling materials and removing debris.
10. Occasionally supervises a small labor force for special projects.
WORKING CONDITIONS/ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS
• This position operates in a working environment that is subject to hazards associated with use of pesticides and general landscape care products, basic hand and power tools, and chemical application equipment.
• This position generally works outside and is subject to all weather conditions.
• Proper clothing is provided.
• Strong knowledge of irrigation systems and use of pesticides and fertilizers.
• Must have or obtain category 3 turf/ornamental commercial pesticide applicators license in the first 6 months of employment.
• Knowledge of agronomy, turf grass science and the rules of golf.
• Ability to use tools, methods and materials used in grounds and landscape work.
• Ability to operate trucks and light motorized equipment.
• Ability to follow oral and written directions.
• Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions and procedure manuals.
• Physical strength, stamina and agility.
• Possession of a valid driver’s license.
These skills and abilities are typically acquired through the completion of college level courses in agronomy and landscape gardening. Requires five years’ experience in chemical application and golf maintenance.