By The Club at Snoqualmie Ridge,
Ryan Gordon, 36005 SE Ridge Street, Snoqualmie, Washington, 98065,
Is “YES” your favorite word? Are you full of enthusiasm and immensely determined to create an authentic and exceptional WOW moment at every threshold? If so, join us!THE ‘OMG!’ CULTURE Own the Values. Make it Fun. Get it Done. Columbia Hospitality, Inc. is a Seattle-based hospitality management and consulting company with over 20 years of experience, featuring a portfolio of award-winning hotels, conference centers, private and public golf facilities, residential and distinctive venues. Columbia Hospitality has been continuously recognized as a Best Company to Work for in Washington. Seattle Business magazine recognizes 100 companies in the state for their commitment to creating a positive work environment for employees, and for setting the standard for leadership in the community. We bring people together. We inspire and empower our team to create exceptional experiences for our guests and phenomenal results for our property owners.
The Club at Snoqualmie Ridge, host of the Champions TOUR Boeing Classic is seeking a First Assistant Superintendent. This individual must be able to be able to multitask, be detail and career oriented and a collaborative people person with the ability to creatively and continuously elevate the experience of our staff and members.
THE BRASS TACKS
• Assists the superintendent in planning and supervising the maintenance of golf course grounds.
• Schedules and supervises team members and the safe use of equipment.
• Instructs equipment operators on the operation and care of mowing and other equipment.
• Supervises pesticide applications and/or operates and calibrates pesticide application equipment; and supervises and participates in the operation and maintenance of golf course infrastructure systems e.g.. drainage, pumps and irrigation.
• Assists in personnel management and evaluation, employee safety and personnel discipline to ensure the standards are achieved to meet the expectations of our members.
• May modify the daily work schedule based on professional interpretation.
• Conducts and leads morning staff meetings.
• Operates specialty turf equipment and participates in golf course setup and maintenance.
• Organize and keep accurate records on maintenance procedures, pesticide applications, safety meetings and staff assignments.
• Takes responsibility for special projects and assignments as delegated by the golf course superintendent.
• Ability to work weekends and holidays.
THE NITTY GRITTY
• Must possess education equivalent to a certificate, 2-4 year degree in Horticulture/Turf Management/Crop Science or related field.
• Minimum five years golf course maintenance experience, preferably with Northern grasses. • Must possess or obtain WSDA pesticide license within 60 days of hire.
• Strong knowledge of and experience with chemical, fertility and watering practices.
• Looking for a self-starter with ability to build positive relationships, lead and motivate those above and below them.
• Ability to schedule, participate in and supervise maintenance work to achieve the most efficient utilization of workers and equipment; prepare clear and concise reports and enjoy working in a fast-paced high-pressure environment.
• Computer literacy is required to perform functions of the job.
• Ability to recruit, hire, train and onboard new employees.
*Eligibility of perks is dependent upon job status
• Values Based Culture
• Medical, Dental, Vision, Disability Coverage with Significant Columbia Contribution
• Company Contributed HSA/FSA Plan
• Company Sponsored Life Insurance Policies • Employee Assistance Program • PTO Plan
• 401K Match
• Performance Bonus Potential
• Cell Phone Allowance
• Paid GCSAA / WWGCSA Dues
• Upward Mobility Potential
• Discounted Lodging, Dining, Spa, Golf, and Retail
• Third Party Perks (Movie Tickets, Attractions, Other)
• Online Learning Platform
Date Job is Available
$50,000- $55,000 + Performance Bonus Potential
Job Application Instructions
Please email resume and CV to: Ryan Gordon, Superintendent, email@example.com and apply at the application URL provided.