The Glencoe Golf Club is a public golf course with the feel of a private club. A challenging 18-Hole golf course with one of the finest grass tee practice facilities on the North Shore. The Playing conditions are impeccable, especially the quality and speed of our greens. The Golf Club has a extensive annual capital plan that is executed in house including; bunker renovations, new tee complexes, regrassing fairways and drainage projects. The position works directly under the Head Superintendent and offers a invaluable learning experience with the goal of training the qualified candidate to move into a superintendent position.
Two to four-year degree in Turfgrass Management or related field.
3-5 years experience and supervisory skills.
· Three years of experience in turfgrass maintenance and daily golf course operations in a supervisory role
· Ability to obtain an IL pesticide applicator license 3 months after hire date
· Capital experience with irrigation and drainage projects; landscape and hardscape project experience a plus
· Ability to train/supervise/schedule a crew of up to 15 in a safe and efficient manner
· Mechanical ability to assist with equipment in the off season
· Cool season turf grass experience with poa annua and bent grass varieties
· Ability to manage the course and grounds in the absence of the Superintendent
· A desire to advance within the turfgrass industry
· Strong attention to detail, passion for excellence, professional manner and a great attitude
· Spanish speaking preferred but not required
•To help ensure our employees' safety, we conduct background checks, pre-employment physicals and are a drug-free workplace.
•Ability and willingness to work long hours; days, evenings, weekends and holidays as demanded by business cycles. Subject to inside and outside environmental conditions.
•Calibrate and perform applications of pesticides, fertilizers, and seed; including the proper documentation of all applications, and the safe handling and storage of all pesticides and fertilizers
•Supervise and participate in the set up and monitoring of irrigation system, pump station and all related duties
•Scouting course conditions using IPM techniques
•Provide input on projects, budgets, staff development, employee evaluations, discipline and termination issues and wage increases, and the hiring of new employees
•Ensures a safe and clean working environment and that all company policies and procedures are followed including compliance with government regulations
•Assists in personnel management and evaluation, employee safety and personnel discipline
•Assist mechanic as needed; mechanical knowledge/ability a plus
•Performs all other related tasks as deemed necessary by management
•Must possess valid driver’s license
Provided: IMRF pension, Medical, Dental, Vision, Life, Vacation/Holiday/Sick Pay, Uniforms, Dues, Golf Privileges, Section 125 Pre-Tax elections, Flexible Spending and 457 Plan also offered.
Date Job is Available
$45,000 to $54,000 annually DOE
Job Application Instructions
Send resumes to Stella Nanos, General Manager, Glencoe Golf Club, firstname.lastname@example.org