Extramurals Facilities. Reporting to the Golf Course Superintendent, the Assistant Golf Course Superintendent directs and participates in the maintenance of the golf course tees, greens, fairways, and cart paths and supervises the maintenance and repair of motorized and other mechanical equipment, at the Bennett Ramsey Golf Center.
• Assists in planning and supervising the maintenance of greens, tees and fairways.
• Hires, orients, and trains all golf course maintenance department employees.
• Schedules work and supervises employees and use of equipment.
• Instructs equipment operators on operation and care of mowing and other equipment.
• Supervises and participates in the operation and maintenance of pumps, and irrigation and drainage systems.
• Assists with personnel management and evaluation, employee safety, and discipline.
• Supervises the mowing, watering and maintenance of tees, greens, fairways and related areas.
Georgia Southern University is a Tobacco Free Campus.
Minimum Education Required:
Bachelor’s Degree; ability to obtain commercial pesticide applicator’s license
Could a level of job-related experience higher than the minimum required for the position substitute for the minimum level of education?: No
Minimum Experience Required:
Two or more years of related work experience
Could a level of education higher than the minimum required for the position substitute for the minimum level of job-related experience?: No
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
Effective communication (verbal and written), organization and human relations skills; ability to work well in a diverse environment; proficiency with computer and Microsoft Office Applications software including word processing, spreadsheets, and databases; legally authorized to work in the United States; successful completion of background investigation prior to employment
Effective problem solving, decision making, and conflict resolution skills; a thorough understanding of the rules and strategies of the game of golf; experience managing warm season turf grasses
Georgia Southern University provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, religion, age, veteran status, political affiliation, or disability. Individuals in need of reasonable accommodations under the Americans with Disabilities Act to participate in the search process should notify Human Resources: (912) 478-5468 or HR-TDD: (912) 478-0791.