Experience Requirements; The Assistant Superintendent candidate must have an advanced degree in turf grass management or related field. The Assistant Superintendent must possess a California Pesticide License or have the ability to obtain one within the first 6 months of coming on board. Excellent communication skills are necessary for this position along with the ability to work well with and motivate others. The candidate must have outstanding management skills to utilize and produce efficient work from a 40 person crew. EOE.
· Assists in planning and supervising for the maintenance of golf course tees, fairways and greens; performs maintenance practices for golf course turf; planting, cultivating, pruning and caring for plants, shrubs and trees.
· Responsible for daily golf course set up. Monitors irrigation functionality daily and supervises operations of golf course grounds crew to ensure proper procedures are being done.
· Understanding of the calibration and proper use of various fertilizers, soil conditioners, herbicides, pest control methods and materials.
· Ability to schedule and supervise maintenance work to achieve the most efficient utilization of workers and equipment; prepare clear and concise reports; and maintain effective employee and public relations.
· Instructs equipment operators on the operation and care of mowing and other equipment; supervises pesticide applications and/or operates and calibrates pesticide application equipment; supervises and participates in the operation and maintenance of pumps, wells, irrigation system and drainage network.
· May require current state certification or licensing as a pesticide applicator.
· Assists in personnel management and evaluation, employee safety, personnel discipline and may also modify the daily work schedule based on professional interpretation.
· Employee may perform other related duties to meet the ongoing needs of the company as requested by the supervisor.
Apply to: John Nachreiner – JNachreiner@shadycanyongolfclub.com
Classification: Full-time, salaried exempt (working hours as required)
Benefits: Insurance, paid vacation, sick time, meals, uniforms, golf privileges
NOTE: All requirements are subject to possible modification to reasonable accommodate individuals with disabilities