The Country Club of Louisiana is an oasis of tranquility carved in Louisiana’s bayou country and composed of undulating terrain meandering through pockets of live oaks and cypress trees. CCLA was designed by Jack Nicklaus and opened in 1986, CCLA is proud to be one of Jack Nicklaus's first signature golf courses. This challenging 18-hole, par 72 course is over 7,100 yards long will provide even the biggest golf enthusiast with the challenge they are looking for. CCLA has been consistently ranked as one of if not the #1 golf course in the state of Louisiana by Golf Digest since 2014.
The Assistant Superintendent will assist the Superintendent and/or Director in the planning, scheduling, and supervising all golf course maintenance activities to assure they are completed in a safe, efficient and timely manner. The Assistant Superintendent will take part in the budgetary process, assist in record keeping and formulating daily, short/long term goals for the department. The Assistant Superintendent must set the tone for the performance of the crew and the conditions of the course. Working hand in hand with the Superintendent and/or Director to accomplish the goals of the department is crucial to the success of the department. Owning the position, learning from mistakes and communication are a must in order to be successful. Know that the course is our first responsibility, ours work hours are dictated by its needs.
Two or four year degree in Agronomy, Horticulture, Golf Course Management or related field.
• Prior golf course operation experience (two or more years preferred).
• Must have a thorough understanding of daily maintenance and course preparation.
• Must have working knowledge of all normally used golf course equipment and tools, be able to operate such, and possess the ability and willingness to train others in the safe and efficient operation thereof.
• Must possess a valid driver’s license.
• Understanding and knowledge of the game of golf.
• Must have; or be able to obtain a non-commercial pesticide applicators license from the Louisiana Department of Agriculture and Forestry within 90 days of hire.
Health, Dental, Vision, Uniforms, Meals, Golfing Privileges, Paid Vacation and Professional Dues Paid
Date Job is Available
55,000 + DOE
Job Application Instructions
Email cover letter, resume and references directly to Director of Agronomy, Thomas Brown: firstname.lastname@example.org