By Valley Country Club,
- updated June 29
Zach Bauer, 14601 Country Club Dr, Centennial, Colorado, 80016,
We are excited to announce that our current 2nd Assistant is getting promoted to a 1st Assistant position in the Denver metro area. Our current AIT is being promoted into our 2nd AGCS role and we are looking to fill this position with someone who is looking to jump start they're career into a management position. Valley Country Club is located on the southeast side of Denver that includes 18 hole course, 3 hole short course, driving range and practice/chipping area. Built in 1956 by a collaboration of Billy Bell Sr and Billy Bell Jr our club is a tradition parkland layout. We are starting to incorporate more native into the golf course and have already reduced our footprint this season by 7 acres.
The club recently underwent a total irrigation renovation in the spring of 2020 and currently uses Toro Lynx software with 2 Wire Decoder in the field. The club is also in the middle of a 1.3 million dollar tennis court renovation scheduled to open in September of 2020. Yep, we have a lot going on! We are always looking to the future of the property and continue to make Valley Country Club one of the best clubs in Denver. Future projects include: Cart paths, re-lining of lakes, new pool at Clubhouse.
We are also hosting the Colorado PGA Championship in September of 2020 and potentially looking to host something even bigger in the next few years.
2 year Certificate/Associate Degree or 4 Year Bachelor Degree in Turfgrass/Agronomy/Horticulture. Students studying remotely encouraged to apply.
None, we will train you. Recent graduates encouraged to apply.
To perform this job successfully, each individual must be able to perform each duty satisfactorily.This position requires punctuality, great attitude and a willingness to go above and beyond for our members. Requirements for this position should be representative of the skill, knowledge and ability listed in the job description below.
· Oversees the completion of work assignments by crew members and assists with field decisions regarding job procedures, work standards and machinery use.
· Enforces safe working conditions with all job assignments and is responsible for instructing staff on proper equipment use and work methods.
· Reports golf course conditions and all disciplinary problems to the golf course superintendent or assistant golf course superintendents.
· Operates all equipment in a safe and efficient work environment
· Ability to inform and instruct employees in a professional setting
· Performs daily safety inspections and reacts to violations accordingly
· Attends all staff meetings
· Perform cultural practices
· Cleanup detail and general course cleanup
· Assist with Projects, irrigation and spraying
· Golf Course Setup and tournament prep
Overtime, PTO, 401k, Health/Dental/Vision, Uniforms, Golf Privilege's, GCSAA/RMGCSA Dues, Continuing Education, Living in Colorado.
Date Job is Available
$16-18/HR with Overtime
Job Application Instructions
Please send cover letter, resume and references to firstname.lastname@example.org