By Green Golf Partners,
- updated Tuesday at 01:36 PM
Michael Shaw, 12388 North Bishop Road, Syracuse, Indiana, 46567,
Wawasee Golf Course in Syracuse, IN is excited to announce the exceptional career opportunity of full-time Golf Course Superintendent. Qualified candidates will thrive in a hospitality environment and be highly focused on providing superior service.
Key Responsibilities of the Golf Course Superintendent:
• Prepares and maintains the annual golf course maintenance budget and capital plans.
• Plans, organizes and directs the maintenance and construction of putting greens, tees, fairways, roughs, and bunkers.
• Supervises the planting and cultural practices involved in growing various turf grasses, trees and ornamental plants
• Ensures that maintenance equipment is properly maintained.
• Procures supplies and materials within budgetary limitations.
• Keeps record of annual maintenance activities and costs. Prepares reports.
• Implements sound purchasing procedures utilizing preferred vendors, when possible.
• Reconciles and provides timely coding of all invoices, payroll and other required documents.
• Ensures all company policies and procedures are followed including compliance with government regulations.
• Ensures that they and all associates obtain proper training and/or licenses needed to perform job tasks safely and within city, state, and federal regulations. Addresses directly all real or perceived environmental concerns.
• Ensures proper mixing, calibration, and application of all chemical/fertilizers used on the course.
• Manages department members that may include, but is not limited to: Mechanic and Equipment Operators.
• Assures that effective orientation and training are given to each new associate. Develops ongoing training programs.
• Incorporates safe work practices in job performance.
Minimum Qualifications for the Golf Course Superintendent:
• Associate’s degree (AA) or equivalent from two-year college or technical school; or two to five years related experience (Degree preference in agronomy/ horticulture/ plant/soil science).
• Must have a valid Driver’s License.
• Possesses Pesticide License.
• Knowledge of Microsoft Office applications.
Green Golf provides full-time hourly and full-time salaried associates who are regularly scheduled to work at least 30 hours per week the opportunity to participate in a health insurance plan. The coverage is designed to protect them in the event of a health- related incident. Coverage for eligible salaried and hourly associates becomes effective after 60 days of employment (i.e., insurance effective date).
Green Golf also provides full-time hourly, full-time salaried associates with Life Insurance. Coverage becomes effective for eligible salaried and hourly associates after 60 days of employment. The Summary Plan Description will serve as your certificate of coverage.
All full-time hourly and full-time salaried associates are eligible for PTO benefits beginning with 10 days annually.
401K Benefits are available after 1 year of employement
In addition to the above mentioned benefits, The position also comes with the use of an apartment at no charge to the manager.