By Broadmoor Golf Links,
Fletcher, North Carolina,
- updated August 5
Hollie Storrier, 101 French Broad Lane, Fletcher, North Carolina, 28732,
Telephone: 828-687-1500 ex2
Reports to: Golf Course Superintendent; General Manager
Under the supervision of the golf course superintendent, the assistant superintendent directs and participates in the maintenance and repair of motorized and other mechanical equipment. Also, he/she may serve in the superintendent’s absence.
Essential Job Functions:
• Delivers and promotes prompt, courteous and friendly service to all members, guests and employees.
• Motivates and directs staff on a daily basis.
• Trains new staff members.
• Promotes customer service toward fellow employees and guests.
• Cleans restrooms when necessary.
• Empties trash receptacles when necessary.
• Washes and details equipment after each use.
• Assists in planning and supervising the maintenance of greens, tees and fairways.
• Prepares work schedules.
• Supervises employees and their use of the equipment.
• Instructs equipment operators on the operation and care of mowing and other equipment.
• Supervises and participates in the operation of maintenance of pumps, and in the maintenance of irrigation and drainage items. • Assists in personnel management and evaluation, employee’s safety, personnel, discipline and may also modify the daily work schedule based on professional interpretation.
• Maintains current Material Safety Data Sheets (MSDS), as required by law.
• Anything required by Superintendent to maximize efficiency.
*The statements contained herein describe the scope of the responsibility and essential functions of this position, but should not be considered to be an all- 04/24/2016 inclusive listing of work requirements.
Individuals may perform other duties as assigned including work in other areas to cover absences or relief to equalize peak work periods or otherwise balance the workload.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily and safely. The requirements listed are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Ability to communicate effectively with managers, guests and employees in one-on-one and small group situations in a fast paced environment. Must be computer literate. Must be able to perform math computations essential for budgeting and cost analysis purposes. One year supervisory experience required. Bilingual a plus.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand and talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; and climb or balance. The employee is occasionally required to sit; stoop, kneel, and crouch; and taste or smell. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus. At times, may be required to operate machinery or a motor vehicle.
High School Diploma required. Higher Education degree in Turf Management, Agronomy or Horticulture preferred. Must obtain any required local and state licenses or certifications.
Previous maintenance experience in golf operations required. A minimum of three years experience in the golf industry. Working knowledge of the maintenance of golf course tees, fairways, greens (seeding, planting, cultivating, pruning, fertilizing, herbicides, irrigation).