By Plum Creek Golf Club,
- updated September 15
Kelly Kluesner, 12401 Lynnwood Blvd, Carmel, Indiana, 46033,
Position: Head Superintendent
Reports To: General Manager
Responsible for all activities related to the maintenance of the golf course, grounds, and equipment. Also responsible for planning and implementing budgets, hiring, training and supervising staff. Assure that quality standards are consistently achieved and/or exceeded.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Develop the annual maintenance budget and operating plan while working alongside the General Manager and Head Golf Professional.
• Plan and implement employee schedules to ensure quality standards are achieved.
• Maintain the golf course in proper playing condition according to set standards.
• Develop and maintain drainage, irrigation, pumping and water reservoir systems.
• Develop and implement a fertilizer, aeration and Integrated Pest Management program for turf grass and plant care.
• Supervise and complete course construction projects and bunker renovation projects
• Supervise equipment maintenance and repair operations with the Course Mechanic.
• Ensure maintenance of all appropriate quality and cleanliness standards including, employee hygiene, equipment repair areas, equipment storage areas, chemical and fertilizer storage areas, receiving areas, washing areas, lunch room areas, restrooms, etc.
• Ensure compliance with all applicable state and federal laws, OSHA rules and regulations, relating to chemical and fertilizer storage and disposal, employee safety, public safety, etc.
• Maintain accurate records for pertaining to department activities including, but not limited to, labor schedules, course maintenance, construction activities, equipment repair, safety meetings and activities, fertilizer and chemical applications and pest control practices.
• Perform other duties as appropriate.
• High school education required, college degree preferred.
• Valid Driver’s License
• Valid applicable Pesticide License
• 5 years applicable agronomy experience, preferably in the golf industry.
• Demonstrated quality written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills.
• Ability to analyze and solve problems; efficiently handle multiple duties under pressure with minimal supervision; work flexible hours as required including nights/weekends.
• Positive attitude, professional manner and appearance in all situations.
Assistant Superintendent; Course Mechanic, Maintenance Hourly Staff Members
Class A Superintendent in good standing with the GCSAA
Current Superintendent is retiring and successful candidate can start anytime between October 15, 2020 and December 1, 2020.
No Health Insurance/Benefits at this time
2 week Holiday Break plus vacation
Date Job is Available
Job Application Instructions
Please email resume to Kelly Kluesner (firstname.lastname@example.org)