By BrightView Golf Maintenance,
- updated February 17
Michael Stranzl, 1921 Ludwig Rd, Gilbertsville, Pennsylvania, 19525,
Assistant Superintendent at Hickory Valley Golf Club
BrightView Golf Maintenance is recognized nationwide as the leader in golf course maintenance services.
We are currently searching for a Full-Time Assistant Superintendent to work at one of our golf courses. The ideal applicant will be a self-starter and have a stable work history.
The assistant golf course superintendent reports directly to the golf course superintendent and is responsible to execute the superintendent’s job duties in his absence. The superintendent is entrusted with the maintenance, operation, and management of a golf course maintenance operation. He serves as the liaison between the company, the customer representative and the golf shop on matters concerning daily course operation. He shall be easily contacted and will, in turn, be in contact with the key employees on the golf course at all times. The superintendent and assistant superintendent must be able to respond quickly to any situation.
Duties and Responsibilities Include:
* Assist the superintendent to organize and direct maintenance of all areas within the scope and according to
the technical specifications of the contract.
* Supervise the operation, maintenance, and repair of all equipment assigned to the course.
* Procure and manage supplies and materials to support maintenance activities.
* Manage golf course maintenance employees. Provide valuable inputs on the interview, hire, training,
discipline and the separation process.
* Protect the company’s interest through an awareness of and compliance with all applicable regulations
including course and company policies. Fulfill administrative duties timely.
* Administer all aspects of the BrightView Safety Program and the BV360 Management Program
* Represent BrightView Golf Maintenance in a positive and professional manner including attitude,
appearance, and public relations.
* Meet or exceed external and internal customer expectations.
A degree or advanced knowledge of agronomy, horticulture, plant or soil science preferred.
* Experience in golf course management and turf culture preferred.
* An awareness of the construction, establishment and maintenance practices employed on golf course
putting greens, tees, fairways, roughs and bunkers.
* Aptitude for administrative and executive responsibilities including effective oral and written communication
skills and computer proficiency.
* Must obtain and maintain state sanctioned pesticide applicator license within 6 months of entry into this job.
* Familiar with the characteristics and proper use of fertilizers and soil conditioners.
* Knowledge of irrigation including watering practices, irrigation systems, pumps, wells and automatic
controls and drainage.
* Able to prepare the course for play in accordance with the rules of golf.
* Able to evaluate the course from the player's perspective.
* Valid driver's license.
We offer medical and dental benefits and a 401(k) plan.