Steelwood Country Club is an 18 hole Private Member owned golfing facility located in Loxley, Al on a beautiful piece of land. Steelwood is looking for an Assistant Superintendent that is looking to continue to develop their skills at a private golf club. This individual will be a key member that will play a huge role in the success of the club. The candidate should be hard working, have a positive attitude, an eye for detail, and have a desire to progress in this career. The Assistant will be heavily involved in scheduling agronomic programs, irrigation setup and crew management.
Essential Job Functions:
- Attention to detail
- Assist in scheduling crew tasks
- Train all crew members on proper use of equipment
- Calibration of chemical sprayers and fertilizer spreaders
- Logging of all fertilizer and chemical applications
- Irrigation trouleshooting and repairs
- Interact with other department heads as needed
- Efficient time management and ability to multi task
2 or 4 year degree in Turfgrass Mangement or closely related field.
Ability to obtain an Alabama Pesticide License within 90 days of hire.
2-3 years golf maintenance experience is required. Prior Assistant or 2nd Assistant experience is preferred.
Health/ Dental/ Vision Insurance
GCSAA and Local Dues Paid
Date Job is Available
Competitive, Based on experience.
Job Application Instructions
Please email resumes to JC Childree at firstname.lastname@example.org