By R&S Landscaping,
Midland Park, New Jersey,
- updated May 20
Business Developer–Property Manager & Sales
Position Title:Property Manager & Business Developer Reports to:General Manager Supervises:Crew leaders, crew members, and subcontractors
Meeting Attendance Requirements Include:Weekly Production Meeting, Foreman Meeting, and Staff Development trainings.
Purpose:To ensure client satisfaction. Recommend and up sell services and company capabilities. Develop new business and estimate/sell/produce landscape installation projects. Ensure all projects are produced at or under bid hours and with the highest quality.
Bachelor’s degree in horticulture
• Valid drivers license
• Customer service skills
• Desire to learn and improve
• Strong computer skills include Word and Excel
• Manage property maintenance of assigned crews and clients.
• Ensure the high quality work of assigned maintenance crews including safety and efficiency.
• Inspect route sheet and work orders daily for any additions, deletions, changes in service, or client requests; address concerns with work and work schedules supervisor
• Inspect sites min 1x a month to ensure quality & inspect existing condition.
• Assist with plant layout.
• Locate, select & acquire material as required for projects
• Maintain paperwork on projects including job cost, change orders, and other project activity
• Review projects with installation crew prior to start of job
• Responsible for material selection & purchasing for projects
• Monitor subcontractors to insure work is on schedule and professionally completed
• Assists other staff as required
• Supervise up to three (3) snow crews during winter including
• Conduct site inspections logging information with photos and notes through the R&S app on tablet
• Speak with customers to determine any of their needs answer questions
• Identify services to up-sell and recommend to clients on site
• Write all work orders and assign appropriate team for all additional work needed at sites
• Pro-actively contact customers by phone and email regarding enhancements, seasonal color, and bulbs
Employee Performance Management & Development:
• Help staff develop within the company.
Training and Safety
• Attend all required Education Classes
• Adhere and enforce all safe driving and equipment policies and procedures
• Wear all required protective equipment including, but not limited to gloves, eye glasses, and ear protection
Shop, Vehicle, Materials, Equipment, and Yard Maintenance
• Provide leadership in safety procedures by encouraging \ safety precautions are followed at all times.
• Reinforce process of staging equipment into shop on for bi-weekly maintenance on specified days.
• Report all equipment problems and issues to Fleet Manager
Demonstrate excellent teamwork and communication skills. Be professional in all exchanges; provide cross- departmental information in a timely manner. Participate in the fulfillment of R&S’s overall vision.
This Company Describes Its Culture as:
Detail-oriented -- quality and precision-focused
Stable -- traditional, stable, strong processes
People-oriented -- supportive and fairness-focused
Team-oriented -- cooperative and collaborative
Landscape Maintenance Experience: 3 years (Required)