Boot Ranch is a Hal Sutton design, located in Fredericksburg the heart of the Texas Hill Country. The property consists of an 18-hole championship golf course, 34-acre golf Practice Park, Ranch club with pools and sports campus, clubhouse, and private lake club. In 2017 the club underwent a successful 3-million-dollar renovation including: the construction of the 1 acre putting green, new bunkers with bunker solution liners, and conversion of 28 bent-grass greens to tiff-eagle ultra-dwarf Bermuda.
This position is an excellent opportunity for the right candidate to advance in their career. The successful candidate will be involved in all aspects of the day-to-day operations of the golf course including but not limited to staff management, daily planning, spraying, record keeping/recording data and water management. The 2nd assistant will work closely with the assistant, superintendent, mechanic, and a year-round crew of approximately 20. The right candidate will also be a huge help in ensuring we continue to have a successful internship program year after year.
Two-year certificate, Associates Degree or Bachelor’s degree in Turf Grass Management.
1 to 2 years as spray technician, AIT or several completed internships.
• Good knowledge of chemical application equipment.
• Problem solving and decision-making skills.
• Willingness to learn and get to the next level in their careers.
• Golfer with a thorough understanding of the rules is a plus.
• Ability to follow oral and written directions.
• Excellent verbal and written communications skills.
• Strong time-management and organizational skills.
• Strong leadership skills
• Attention to detail.
• Passionate about the turf industry
Housing, daily lunches, uniforms, golfing/fishing privileges, every other weekend off, paid time off, medical, dental, vision and life insurance. As well as the opportunity to volunteer at a PGA tournament.