By Shady Canyon Golf Club,
- updated 7 hours ago
Shady Canyon, a member-owned 18-hole Tom Fazio golf course, sits amongst 600 acres of unspoiled, environmentally protected landscape. The intern performs tasks for the course maintenance department in order to gain experience and completion of educational credits. The main tasks will include the use of golf course preparation and routine maintenance including irrigation controls and small equipment operation. Shady Canyon was featured inPlatinum Clubs of America, as the 47th ranked golf club in America in 2021. Interns at Shady Canyon will work closely with the assistant superintendents and assistants in training in all facets of the department. An internship at Shady Canyon will provide you with a great building block in your career and give you experience in what it takes to maintain a championship level golf course. The responsibilities of the interns will include but not be limited to:
- Course set-up.
- Performs chemical and fertilizer calibrations and applications.
- Irrigation repair and maintenance.
- Water management, including hand watering.
- Equipment operation.
- Supervise crew and employee training
- Employee may perform other related duties to meet the ongoing needs of the company as requested by the supervisor.
Must be enrolled in a 2 or 4 year Turf Management program or similar.
Previous golf course experience is preferred but not required. Willing to train candidates with a positive attitude.