Job Summary (Essential Functions)
Responsible for the operation and maintenance of all irrigation and drainage systems on the club’s golf course and grounds
· Waters greens, tees, fairways, rough, lawns and other areas as needed or scheduled.
· Monitors daily water usage and informs Golf Course Superintendent of any needed adjustments to the irrigation computer settings.
· Operates irrigation heads in dry areas needing additional water.
· Designs, implements and maintains mechanical and electrical components of course irrigation system.
· Repairs equipment associated with irrigation (i.e., irrigation pipes and irrigation heads).
· Performs preventive maintenance on all equipment associated with irrigation.
· Maintains complete records on all equipment maintenance associated with irrigation.
· Controls expenses associated with irrigation equipment and activities.
· Maintains inventory of parts needed for irrigation equipment.
· Performs all record-keeping relative to irrigation system including weather and rainfall data; assists in recording fertilizer and pesticide applications.
· Performs daily well and pump water usage reports.
· Helps apply or water-in pesticides and fertilizers under the supervision of the Pesticides Application Specialist.
· Operates dump trucks and other light equipment in hauling materials and removing debris.
· May occasionally supervise crews for special projects.
· Attends staff meetings.
· Performs other appropriate tasks assigned by the Golf Course Superintendent.
· Keep irrigation parts room organized and inventoried at all times.
· Assists in winter snow removal.
· High School diploma and GED required.
· Experience working for a landscaping service or golf course grounds crew, specifically working with the irrigation system.
Date Job is Available