By Founders Group International,
Pawleys Island, South Carolina,
Sharon Pinnell, 11 Pine Drive, Pawleys Island, South Carolina, 29585,
Join our Founders Group International Team! Be apart of the amazing golf course community along the Grand Strand in the Myrtle Beach area of South Carolina. Our River Club golf course, located in Pawleys Island, is looking for an Assistant Superintendent.
FOUNDERS GROUP INTERNATIONAL
ASSISTANT GOLF COURSE SUPERINTENDENT
A. REPORTS TO:
Golf Course Superintendent
B. PURPOSE OF POSITION:
Manage the maintenance of the golf course with maximum playability and profitability as the goal.
Salaried / Exempt
Golf Course Maintenance
E. DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Direct and participate in the maintenance of the golf course greens, tees, fairways, rough, bunkers, and cart paths.
• Directly supervise all full time and part time workers assigned to his or her course.
• Training of all new employees.
• Through communication with the superintendent as well as personal observations, the assistant shall prepare and execute a daily schedule.
• Monitor staff performance, document necessary observations, monitor quality and quantity of work and provides input to staff.
• Ensure a safe and clean work environment for all employees by enforcing all policies and procedures.
• Supervise and participate in the set up and monitoring of irrigation system, pump station and all necessary inventories.
• Scout the golf course on a regular basis for insect, weed, disease problems. Diagnose any observations and take corrective action after discussion with superintendent unless situation dictates otherwise.
• Assist in the operation and maintenance of irrigation and drainage systems.
• Provide input on projects, staff development, employee evaluations, discipline and termination issues and wage increases, and the hiring of new employees.
• Attend seminars and workshops for continued professional growth and development.
• Receive and make suggestions for improvements to procedures, equipment, etc.
• Make applications of pesticides, fertilizers, and seed, including the proper documentation of all applications, and the safe handling and storage of all pesticides and fertilizers.
• Assist mechanic as needed.
• Promote a positive relationship with team members in all departments and divisions.
• Additional duties as assigned.
F. SAFETY RESPONSIBILITIES AND REQUIREMENTS:
• Actively demonstrate, encourage, train and model safety rules and guidelines in accordance with company, OSHA, EPA, DNR and other state and federal law requirements.
• Investigate loss producing incidents and review prevention recommendations with all employees.
• Actively participate in the safety meetings, providing and documenting safety training and offering improvement suggestions.
• Report safety or hazard concerns to management.
• Report any work-related injury to management.
• Take personal responsibility for safety every day.
• Minimum of 2-year degree in Turfgrass Science or related field.
• Requires advanced knowledge of agronomy and turfgrass management practices; a working knowledge of golf facility construction principles, practices and methods; and a thorough understanding of the rules and strategies of the game of golf.
• Requires a high degree of administrative and executive ability, especially in terms of problem solving and decision making. Requires excellent oral and written communication skills.
• Requires knowledge of current federal, state and local laws and regulations affecting the management of golf course operations – including, but not limited to, employment, safety and environmental stewardship standards, laws and regulations.
• Requires participation in continuing education opportunities such as seminars, workshops, correspondence courses, field days and trade shows.
• Knowledge of financial forecasting for a golf course operation.
• Ability to lead and motivate team.
• Possess or be able to obtain a SC pesticide license.
• Must have a valid driver’s license.
• Understanding of internal controls.
• Maintain confidentiality of information.
• Positive attitude.
• Ability to interact well with others in a team environment.
• Competitive pay and benefits
• Golf privileges
• Meal and Golf Shop discounts
• Job and job safety training
• Promotion opportunities from within