By Bartlett Park District,
- updated October 13
The Bartlett Park District is a local government agency that provides 597 acres of beautiful parks and outstanding recreational opportunities for the residents of Bartlett, Illinois and surrounding neighbors. Major facilities of this Distinguished Accredited Agency and two-time National Gold Medal Finalist includes 43 parks, a community center, two aquatic centers, two golf courses, banquet facility, ski hill, athletic field complex, nature center, and more.
The Equipment Technician is responsible for repairing and maintaining our fleet of golf and ski equipment. Other responsibilities include:
· Maintain and repair all golf and ski equipment, such as vehicles, mowers, tractors, golf carts, snow groomers, snow-making equipment, chairlift, tow ropes, etc.
· Troubleshoot electrical, hydraulics, grinding, and setting cutting units, welding and performing special projects.
· Maintain records of equipment and vehicle repairs, parts inventory, and supplies.
· Purchase equipment parts and complete Purchase Orders for them on the District’s accounting software as needed.
· Have working knowledge of equipment and the ability to instruct co-workers on proper use of equipment.
· Oversee any outside repairs or service for equipment and vehicles.
· Schedule and complete preventive maintenance for Golf and Ski equipment and vehicles.
· Communicate on a timely basis to the Superintendent of Villa Olivia for all necessary major expenditures on equipment or vehicles.
· Assist in the recommendation to replace outdated equipment.
High school graduate or equivalent. Must be at least 18 years old and have at least three (3) years of experience as a Technician. Also, must have experience with two cycle, four cycle, gas and diesel engines. Electrical experience is preferred. Should possess own tools and must be willing and able to work overtime as job requires. Must have a valid Illinois Driver’s License and be able to provide own transportation.
SCHEDULE & PAY
This is a full-time, non-exempt position. Hours are Monday - Friday, 6:00am-2:30pm with some nights and weekends as needed. The target hiring range is $22.00 - $27.00 an hour per hour, DOQ (dependent on qualifications).
In exchange for your time and talent, we offer a generous benefit package: