By Interlachen Country Club,
- updated November 22
Interlachen Country Club (ICC) is accepting resumes for the position of Horticulturalist Intern. The Horticulturalist Intern, under the supervision of the golf course superintendent and horticulturist, collaborates on the design, installation, and maintenance of ornamental landscaping for the golf course and clubhouse properties.
What you should know about us:
Established in 1909, ICC is recognized among the preeminent private, family country clubs in the nation. The Club’s Donald Ross golf course, most recently ranked #58 on Golf Digest’s List of Top 100 Courses in America, has played host to several national and international championships. The hard work of ICC Team Members has established us as the top and most prestigious country club in the Midwest. Our very active membership keeps the day-to-day operations of golf, culinary, and athletics offerings inspiring and exciting.
At ICC, we remain focused on our rich tradition of excellence, not only as a private club, but also with the growth and development of our team members. Our work environment is fast-paced, collaborative, flexible, focused on development of our team members, and mission oriented.
What you will do:
• Implements flower bed designs and cultivates shrubs and flowers.
• Assists with development, care, and harvesting of Chef’s Garden to obtain estate grown produce for use in club’s restaurants
• Aspires to provide unique experiences for the members and guests of Interlachen Country Club
• Collaborates with Horticulturist on Member Events that include flower design workshops, planter design and installation, etc.
• Develops designs for improvement in club landscaping and landscape lighting
• Trims and prunes hedges and shrubbery.
• Assist groundskeepers in routine maintenance of ornamental plantings.
• Applies pesticides and fertilizers to ornamental plantings.
• Assists with the presentation of clubhouse grounds
What we are looking for:
Education & Experience
• Knowledge of the characteristics, growth habits and proper cultivation of a wide selection of flowering bulbs, annuals, biennials and perennial plant materials, including both herbaceous and woody plants.
• Knowledge of the characteristics and proper use of various fertilizers, soil conditioners and pest control methods and materials.
• May require current state certification or licensing as a pesticide applicator.
Must be 18 years or older
Live in our principals: Honesty, Enthusiasm, Anticipation, Respect, and Teamwork (HEART).
Self-Starter – (Able to see priorities and opportunities)
Ambitious – (Excited about new endeavors and not easily discouraged)
Detail-Oriented – (Take pride in the work that you do and the outcome it presents)
Passionate– (Genuinely enjoy the outdoors and everything that has to do with horticulture)
Active – (Loves being outdoors and working with their hands)
Offsite Tours of Horticultural related Operations
Fees Paid for License (i.e.: MN Pesticide Applicators if applicable)
Participation and Certification in Future Leaders Program
Marty Chiropractic Team Member Rate
Team Member Pro Shop Discounts
Custom Quality Uniforms
Off on Thanksgiving, Christmas Eve, Christmas Day and New Years
Daily Meals and Beverages Provided by our Renowned Culinary Team
Golf Course, Pool and Racquet Sport Access on Select Mondays