By Widgi Creek Golf Club,
- updated 19 hours ago
Widgi Creek Golf Club is one of Central Oregon finest golfing experiences. Tucked amongst the tall Ponderosa Pines with narrow fairways and undulating greens. We are a Robert Muir Graves Design. We are currently looking for an Equipment Manger/Mechanic. We are in need of a self driven individual that will keep our preventative maintenance program going as well as any repairs. We are in need someone with good communication skills, team player and efficient.
High School Diploma or Equivalent
Previous Golf Experience as Mechanic or Assistant mechanic is recommended. Expertise in small engine repairs, sharpening, grinding and trouble shooting. Our mowing equipment is mainly Toro and grinding equipment is Foley.
• Inspects, diagnoses and repairs mechanical defects/failures in various golf course maintenance equipment, including, diesel-, electric- and gasoline- powered engines, rollers, mowers, and other mechanical equipment.
• Instructs and/or trains golf course maintenance workers regarding preventive maintenance, and the proper cleaning of and safe operation of equipment.
• Prioritizes equipment repair and maintenance work based on communication with superintendent.
• Maintains a preventive maintenance program within budget on all equipment, and purchases repair parts and replacement supplies.
• Keeps a complete set of records for equipment and parts inventory purchases, equipment conditions, costs of repairs and preventive maintenance for all equipment.
• Spot checks equipment for performance on the course, makes emergency repairs to equipment on the course, and services or supervises servicing of equipment prior to use.
• Oversees the shop area maintenance.
• Regulates employees' use of equipment in absence of superintendent and assistant superintendent, if needed, and performs other duties as directed by the superintendent.