By Bayville Golf Club,
Virginia Beach, Virginia,
- updated May 25
ABOUT THE GOLF CLUB
First opened in 1998, Bayville Golf Club, a private club limited to 300 members, has established itself as an environmental showcase, prestigious club. Continuing with its history of being an industry innovation leader, Bayville is entering a new chapter, going through a renovation led by the top leaders in the golf course industry. Architect Andrew Green and golf course construction company McDonalds and Sons are in the final stages of renovating greens, tees, and bunkers of this 268 acres property accentuating stunning views along the Lynnhaven River in Virginia Beach.
Bayville was the first golf course to have A-4 Bent grass on all 18 of its greens. A-4 is now the number one seed sold for golf putting greens throughout the world. Keeping with tradition, Bayville selected Pure Eclipse to seed their greens which is one of the newest varieties of Bent grass on the market. Always on the cutting edge and a leader in the golf industry, here at Bayville we look to make history.
The Assistant Superintendent is a critical component to the golf course management team at Bayville Golf Club. The ideal candidate will be a team player, able to perform physical labor, possess a positive attitude with a willingness to learn, and be able to effectively communicate with both employees and upper management. This position is a hands-on, working management position.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Assists with daily staff management and scheduling
- Moisture management of playing surfaces
- Irrigation troubleshooting and repair
- Pesticide and fertilizer application
- Project and team leadership
- Continue to train and cross train staff on safety and equipment operation
- Operation of a wide variety of golf course equipment
- 2-4 year degree in turf or related field
- 2 + years of experience and demonstrated history of outstanding work ethic
- Virginia pesticide applicators license or able to obtain within 90 days.
-Will train the right person.
-401K w/3% match
-GCSAA and local association dues
Date Job is Available
$42,000 to $52,000 per year
Job Application Instructions
Email resume to Jeremy Frisicaro Superintendent Bayville Golf Club Virginia Beach, VA 23455 firstname.lastname@example.org