Designed by Donald Ross in 1925, Hyde Park Golf Club is the oldest public course in Jacksonville, Florida, and was once a part of the Men’s and Women’s PGA Tours in the 1940’s and ‘50’s.Hyde Park preceded the Greater Jacksonville Open and The Players Championship in making Northeast Florida a historic and memorable total golf “experience”.
We are currently looking for a golf course attendant/equipment operator that will be responsible for the care and maintenance of the golf course.The care and maintenance may result in various jobs throughout the day and may also vary from day to day.
• Operate mower or tractor to mow greens, collars, approaches, tees, fairways, roughs any within the property.
• Repair divots and ball marks on greens, fairways and tee boxes.
• Cut cups, move tee markers and clean ball washers.
• Utilize the bunker rake and handheld rake to spin and maintain sand in bunkers.
• Edge bunkers, cart paths and curbs throughout golf course and parking lot.
• Edge and groom around irrigations sprinklers, value boxes and yardage markers.
• Topdress,and verti-cut greens.
• Continually monitor and remove loose debris and trash throughout the course.
• Change course signs such as cart directional signs, ropes and stakes for cart traffic control.
• Trim trees and hedges as needed.
• Assist with course improvement projects such as drainage and sodding.
• Aerate all turf areas.
• Complete all designated work assignments pertaining to course maintenance as directed by the Superintendent and/or Assistant Superintendent.
High School diploma preferred but not required.
Preferably 1-2 years experience operating tractors, large mowers or earth moving equipment. Golf course maintenance experience is a plus.
• Knowledge of hazards and safety precautions in work activities.
• Be a team play with an ability to communicate effectively with staff, coworkers, guests and customers, visitors, and management in all aspects of the job.
• Passion for doing the right thing and pride in a job well done.