The Golf Course Superintendent assumes responsibility for managing golf course properties, which may include:
· The golf course (s) and golf course fleet.
· Maintenance equipment.
· Clubhouse grounds and landscaping.
· Tennis courts, swimming pool, and other recreational facilities.
· Open spaces, wooded areas, unused acreage, and areas outside the perimeter fence.
· Sod farm and nursery.
· Other properties as specified in writing by the superintendent’s supervisor.
· Construction, renovation, and or reconstruction of such properties whether performed by maintenance staff or outside contractors.
· Prepares the annual budgets for the maintenance and capital improvement of course properties. The Superintendent formulates the annual maintenance and capital budgets to implement board policies established in accordance with the long-range plan and defined maintenance standards.
· Plans all maintenance and project work, applying his or her agronomic and administrative expertise to achieve the agreed-upon maintenance standards and long-range goals.
· Oversees the scheduling and routing of personnel and equipment to accomplish the work. Acquires equipment and purchases necessary supplies to maintain the golf course and other properties.
Other Responsibilities and duties as needed