Victoria National Golf Club (VNGC) is rated #1 in Indiana and #47 nationally via Golf Digest. We are currently seeking an Assistant in Training that is motivated to provide golf course conditioning at an elite level. VNGC is a Tom Fazio signature design completed in 1998 in Southwest Indiana, outside of Evansville. We are also located less than 3 hours from St. Louis, Nashville, and Louisville. VNGC is a large 18 hole property that totals 420 acres with L-93 bentgrass tee's, green's and fairway's, with Kentucky bluegrass/tall fescue roughs. This is an excellent opportunity to learn how to provide championship conditions at one of the few solely cool season facilities in the heart of the transition zone. VNGC will host the Korn Ferry Tour Championship this October.
Our management team consists of the Director of Agronomy, Golf Course Superintendent, two Senior Assistant Superintendents and two Second Assistant Superintendents. We utilize section management where each AIT will report directly to a Senior Assistant, and will be given various responsibilities within their section of the golf course.
We have a strong history of promoting from within and all management roles listed above have been filled by former AIT's at Victoria National.
VNGC is also one of six exclusive clubs in the Dormie Network. This provides the opportunity to volunteer at a wide range of high end clubs and learn different maintenance and cultural practices.
Our team is seeking to mold the right candidate into a successful Assistant Superintendent or Superintendent. Experience will be gained while working directly with our leadership team and a strong emphasis will be placed on training you in the following areas:
- Effectively running small crews and managing our culture
- Time management
- Safe and proper chemical applications
- Aquatic management
- Water management that coincides with championship playing conditions
- Understanding the mechanical portion of golf course management with time in the shop
- Major capital projects
- Large scale in-house project management
- Pesticide and fertilizer applications and calibration methods
In pursuit or completion of education within the industry through an accredited organization.
- 2-3 years prior golf course experience or multiple internships
- Experience hand watering
- knowledge of most golf course equipment
- Some spraying experience
AIT’s will be given multiple responsibilities and held accountable throughout their tenure. What we are looking for in an AIT:
- Possess positive attitude
- High level attention to detail
- A willingness to learn
- Team oriented
- A desire to excel in the turf industry
- AIT’s will be expected to work long hours along with staff enduring physical work in various weather conditions
- Free Housing
- Free Lunches
- Paid Holidays
- Golfing Privileges
- Construction Experience
- Opportunity to host Korn Ferry Tour event
- Ability to volunteer for other tournaments
- Overtime-time and a half
- Newley renovated housing with DirectTV and internet
Date Job is Available
$15 to $17 per hour
Job Application Instructions
submit resume to email@example.com
1,347 views - Updated