Turf Equipment Technician
Key Responsibilities of the Head Mechanic:
- Maintains a preventative maintenance program on all equipment, purchases repair parts and replacement supplies.
- Reviews expenses and purchases with department manager for approval. Places orders for parts/supplies as needed for equipment or service and tracks expenses and inventories for budget purposes.
- Inspects, adjusts, diagnoses and repairs mechanical defects in many types of golf course maintenance equipment.
- Performs mower grinding/sharpening, performs general overhaul of motors, reels, install and adjusts braking systems.
- Performs machining or welding work in making fittings used in repair of maintenance equipment.
- Maintains records of preventative maintenance, repairs made, parts ordered.
- Maintains up-to-date working knowledge of light and heavy construction and maintenance equipment and automotive apparatus. Skilled in the use of a wide variety of equipment repair tools and in the making of various types of mechanical repairs.
- Diagnoses mechanical troubles and schedules appropriate preventative maintenance work.
- Helps to control costs and expenses in the maintenance of the equipment fleet relating to parts purchases, inventory levels, service work, fuel inventories and related items.
- Incorporates safe work practices in job performance.
- Performs other duties as required.
- Certificate from college or technical.
- Minimum of three (3) years head mechanic or assistant mechanic experience.
- Valid Driver’s License, Mechanics Certificate from Gas and Diesel Engine Training.
- Regular and reliable.
- Bilingual in English and Spanish is a plus.
- Must have own set of tools.
- Health, Dental, and Life Insurance
- Continuing Education/Seminars
- GCSAA Membership
Date Job is Available
$65,000 to $80,000 per year
Job Application Instructions
Apply directly by clicking on the URL link.
1,098 views - Updated