Turf Equipment Technician
Due to the relocation of our current employee Wellesley Country Club has an open position as our Head Equipment Manager. Wellesley Country Club is a private club which includes the traditional 18 hole main course with an additional par 3 short course located 10 miles west of Boston. Construction of turf care maintenance facility was completed in 2016. The equipment management area consists of 5000 square feet of service area, dedicated parts and grinding rooms, and mechanic’s office.
Under direct supervision of the Golf Course Superintendent, the mechanic assumes all responsibilities involving golf course maintenance equipment. Responsibilities include diagnosing, repairing, and implementing a preventative maintenance program.
- Maintaining all the equipment on a preventative and curative basis
- Small engine repair
- Diesel engine diagnostics
- Hydraulic system functionality and repair
- Responsible for all mechanical stock, ie: parts, nuts, bolts, oil, etc.
- Working within monthly parts and repair budget
- Monitoring and ordering fuel supplies
- Responsible for inventory and proper handling of club provided snap-on and other provided tools.
- Thorough record keeping
- Maintaining all cutting units to the satisfaction of the Superintendent ie: grinding, height of cut, and operation.
- Attending educational conferences to maintain industry certifications
- Perform daily on course inspections for proper cut
- Assist with any and all training on use of equipment
- Supervise and train assistant mechanic when needed
- Maintain a clean and safe working environment
- Must be able to lift 50lbs
- At least 1 year working as a head golf course mechanic or as an assistant mechanic at a reputable club
- Must have a high school diploma
- Medical, Dental, and Vision after 2 months of employment
- Annual Flex Spending
- 401K after 6 months of employment
- 5 sick days after 90 days
- 2 weeks vacation
- Life insurance, long term disability, short term disability at no cost to employee
- Lunch and uniforms provided
Date Job is Available
$87,000 to $90,000 per year