Turf Equipment Technician
Promontory Club is private, high-end mountain club located in Park City, Utah, catering to a multi-generational membership with robust amenities and world class golf. Promontory has received universal acclaim as a destination where life’s greatest moments naturally play out thanks to its unrivaled depth and breadth of extraordinary family experiences. This established community – which spans more than 11 square miles – features an investment of more than $400 million in exceptional and award-winning amenities for every season.
Promontory is currently operating two courses and a third course opening in 2023. The courses include a Pete Dye Canyon course, a Jack Nicklaus Painted Valley Signature course, and opening in 2023 a Forrest Richardson designed Promontory Hills course.
We are seeking a Golf Course Mechanic for the Forrest Richardson Hills course. The Hills course is an 18-hole par-3, with a large practice facility and teaching center. We are looking for a motivated, enthusiastic, positive person with an eye for detail that works well in a team atmosphere. The individual will report to the Director of Agronomy, Equipment Manager and the Superintendent who oversees the course.
Duties Include but not limited to–
- Responsible for all equipment at the Hills course.
- Creates and administers a preventative maintenance program.
- Repairs any equipment failures in a timely manner.
- Sharpens cutting units and maintains height of cut specified by the superintendent.\
- Purchases parts as needed and keeps detailed records.
- Keeps detailed records of all work performed on each piece of equipment.
- Must have a clean and organized shop.
- Fabrication as necessary.
- Some company vehicle Repair.
- Assists other mechanics in repair of snow removal equipment.
- Performs emergency repair in the field as necessary.
High school diploma.
2-4 years as a mechanic, golf course experience a plus, not required.
- Knowledge of gasoline and diesel engines.
- Comprehension of Hydraulic units.
- Ability to weld and fabricate.
- Cutting unit sharpening a plus, will train.
Lift 50 lbs. and get up and down from the floor or ground.
Date Job is Available
$55,000 to $65,000 per year
Job Application Instructions
Please forward all resumes to HR@promontoryclub.com or apply online using the green button below.