Fenway Golf Club located in Scarsdale, New York is seeking a self-starter, who will be an energetic leader as their next Assistant Superintendent to be entrusted with development and management of the golf course.
To learn about the club’s rich history dating back to 1924, please visit https://www.fenwaygolfclub.com
Why Fenway Golf Club?
- Proven history of advancing the careers of team members with an active membership that is continually investing in our facilities and our people.
- Progressive work environment that utilizes the latest technologies, personnel, agronomic and golf course maintenance programs.
- Exposure to improve a Top 100 Classic Golf Course designed by A.W. Tillinghast with impending golf course construction and renovation work starting Fall 2022.
- Fenway will be co-hosting the 2023 USGA Mid-Amateur.
Successful traits of candidate:
- Positive attitude demonstrates good listening, communication, organizational and management skills.
- Ability to multitask in a changing environment, changing priorities with high attention to detail.
- Self-starter, independent thinker, able to work independently in a “fast-paced” environment.
- Great personality, sense of humor, energetic, problem solver at heart, and takes pride in good decision making.
- Working as part of a team, collaborating and interacting with people from other departments.
Initial Priorities of the Position:
- Learn the culture and daily operational needs of the club to make an immediate impact.
- Develop relationships and rapport with existing team members and direct reports.
- Become proficient in daily course set up, chemical and fertilizer applications, mowing, hand-watering and irrigation practices of oneself and others to ensure the expectation of the membership are met on a daily basis.
- Develops leadership capabilities to instruct staff in planning, scheduling and execution of daily operations.
Starting in the Fall of 2022:
- Renovating all bunkers and regrassing green and bunker surrounds
- Rebuilding tees
- Rebuilding creek walls throughout the property
- Resurfacing cart paths
Fenway’s stature as one of the pre-eminent golf clubs in Westchester results from the time-tested greatness of its golf course and the rich history of its professionals. The course, designed by A. W. Tillinghast, one of America’s greatest architects, opened on July 4, 1924. Fenway’s sloping greens, deep traps and deceptively difficult landing areas, have proven time and again that this golf course need be compared to no other and stands on its own as a premier test of golfing excellence.
Fenway, recently restored by Gil Hanse, is just as good an example of Tilly's work as Winged Foot or Quaker Ridge.
"If it were located outside of the New York Metropolitan area, it would probably be a famous U.S. Open venue." - Tom Doak
- A 2 or 4 year degree/certificate in agronomy horticulture/plant/soil sciences is preferred but not required.
- 1-2 years of experience in golf course, turf related business
- Ability to obtain a New York pesticide license within 90-days
- Applicants must possess a valid driver’s license.
- Knowledge of the game of golf and turf industry
- $65,000 to $75,000 dependent on experience
- On property housing
- 401K after a year
- Health and Dental Insurance
- Summer and Winter Uniforms
- Golfing Privileges
- Dues for local and national associations
- Continued education
- Lunch and Dinner provided by the Club
Date Job is Available
$65,000 to $75,000 per year
Job Application Instructions
Please submit information to website