Looking for an opportunity where success comes naturally? Then you may have found your crew. We’re looking for an Assistant Golf Course Superintendent to join our team.
Here’s what you’d do:
The Assistant Golf Course Superintendent reports directly to the golf course superintendent and is responsible to execute the superintendent’s job duties in their absence. The superintendent is entrusted with the maintenance, operation, and management of a golf course maintenance operation. You will serve as the liaison between the company, the customer representative and the golf shop on matters concerning daily course operation. You shall be easily contacted and will, in turn, be in contact with the key employees on the golf course at all times. The superintendent and assistant superintendent must be able to respond quickly to any situation.
You’d be responsible for:
- Assisting the superintendent to organize and direct maintenance of all areas within the scope and according to the technical specifications of the contract.
- Supervising the operation, maintenance, and repair of all equipment assigned to the course.
- Procuring and managing supplies and materials to support maintenance activities.
- Managing golf course maintenance employees. Provide valuable inputs on the interview, hire, training, discipline and the separation process.
- Protecting the company’s interest through an awareness of and compliance with all applicable regulations including course and company policies. Fulfill administrative duties timely.
- Administering all aspects of the BrightView Safety Program and the BV360 Management Program
- Representing BrightView Golf Maintenance in a positive and professional manner including attitude, appearance, and public relations.
- Meeting or exceeding external and internal customer expectations.
You might be a good fit if you have:
- Experience in golf course management and turf culture preferred.
- A degree or advanced knowledge of agronomy, horticulture, plant or soil science preferred.
- Must obtain and maintain state sanctioned pesticide applicator license within 6 months of entry into this job.
And while not mandatory, it would be great if you also have:
- An awareness of the construction, establishment and maintenance practices employed on golf course putting greens, tees, fairways, roughs and bunkers.
- Aptitude for administrative and executive responsibilities including effective oral and written communication skills and computer proficiency.
- Familiar with the characteristics and proper use of fertilizers and soil conditioners.
- Knowledge of irrigation including watering practices, irrigation systems, pumps, wells and automatic controls and drainage.
- Able to prepare the course for play in accordance with the rules of golf.
- Able to evaluate the course from the player's perspective.
- Valid driver's license.
Here’s what to know about working here:
At BrightView, we’re a tight-knit crew who are as passionate about caring for our clients as we are about each other. Though we’re the nation’s leading landscape company, we maintain a small company feel and supportive environment that makes our team members feel at home.
If you’re looking to join a crew of talented go-getters who tackle big vision projects other companies could only dream of, you might just have found your match. With our range of services, including landscape design, development, maintenance and enhancements, there’s no limit to what we can do, and what you can achieve.
In addition to industry-leading development opportunities, you’ll also have benefits and perks like:
- Competitive salary
- Paid time off
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance
Think you’ve found your crew?
BrightView is an Equal Employment Opportunity and E-Verify Employer.
Date Job is Available
$40,000 to $50,000 per year
Job Application Instructions
email resume to Jason Bailey at Jason.Bailey@BrightView.com
429 views - Updated