Turf Equipment Technician
New Job Opportunity- Set-up Mechanic
Turf Star Western (TSW) is seeking a Set Up Mechanic mechanics to join our growing business in Rancho Cordova, CA! TSW is a leader in Commercial Turf, Consumer, Residential Landscape Contractor, and Construction equipment for the West Coast. Entry level and experienced mechanics are welcome to apply.
The primary focus of this job is building incoming equipment/product orders with the ability to spot issues before the product hits market. Our book of business provides a set up mechanic with experience in setting up equipment with diesel, gasoline, hybrids, and electric motors.
The Set-Up Mechanic job does not require using your own tools. Tools will be provided. Provided tools will be replaced and maintained by TSW, as needed.
We look for applicants who will always represent TSW in a professional and ethical manner when working with all types of customers: internal, external, co-workers, management/ownership, vendors, and the like. Solid professional communication skills and accepting constructive feedback in this job is essential.
Set-up Mechanic Essential Job Functions:
· Set-up new equipment following specifications provided by the vendor
· Accurately and timely submit proper forms and paperwork during and upon job assignment completion
· Accurately and timely submits administrative duties daily. Parts orders, labor logs, accurate electronic reporting of time and attendance, etc.
· Certification of proper lift truck use.
· Manually or with use of a lift truck (after being certified), move equipment in need of repair or set-up from the yard or warehouse to the shop’s work area
· Build knowledge base to complete set-ups within the ascribed vendor times
· Ability to diagnose and repair
· Demonstrate a professional demeanor at all times with all customers, as described above
· Work and communicate with Lead Set Up Technician and Service Manager
· Maintain certifications as available and continuing education
· Always follow federal, state, local, and TSW safety guidelines
Set-up Mechanic Job Qualifications:
· Background in mechanics preferred; not required
· Basic computer skills required
· Ability to accept and apply training
· Desire to meet and/or exceed goals
· Excellent communication skills
· A willingness to develop and grow
· Ability to stay organized in a fast-paced environment
· This is an active position. The candidate must be able to sit or stand for long periods of time and lift up to 50lbs.
· Classification: Non-Exempt
· Job Type: Full Time, will consider Part Time
· The pay range for this position is $19 - $25.50 per hour, depending on experience
· Monday through Friday. Weekends may be required, during peak business needs.
· Work shift: 1 shift, 6:30am-3:00pm, able to work overtime if/when needed
· 60/90/180 day bonuses available for successful job performance ($3,000 total)
· Paid 2 times a month (semi-monthly)
· Paid time off earned per pay period based on months of service
· Holiday Pay – Nine (9) recognized holidays
· Benefits package: Turf Star, Inc partners with Insperity, under a Professional Employer Organization (PEO) partnership which offers medical, dental, and vision benefits. TSW paid life and AD&D insurance. Health savings account, flexible spending account, and a 401(k)-retirement plan. In addition to ancillary benefit offerings, such as: life insurance, disability insurance, accident insurance, and critical illness insurance.
In compliance with the State of California, Turf Star, Inc provides a reasonable range of minimum compensation for roles that may be hired in California. Actual compensation is influenced by a wide array of factors including but not limited to shill set, level of experience, and specific geographic area. For the State of California only, the range of pay for this job is $19-$25.50 per hour.
Turf Star, Inc is an equal-opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic prohibited by federal, state, and/or local law.
Date Job is Available
$19 to $25 per hour
Job Application Instructions
Please send resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org
596 views - Updated