Turf Equipment Technician
Architects Golf Club seeks experienced equipment mechanic for its Golf Course Maintenance department. The ideal candidate will have at least a one-year certificate from college or technical school or 1-3 years of related experience and/or training, or an equivalent combination of education and experience. Duties include repairing and maintaining all golf course equipment. Possess the language, mathematical and reasoning skills and physical demands of the position (regularly lift and/or move up to 10-50 lbs; specific vision ability required of close, distance, and color vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus).
Job duties include but are not limited to:
- Conduct and effective preventative maintenance program in conjunction with operators to reduce mechanical failure and poor performance on all golf course equipment
- Repair of all equipment and golf carts
- Keep repair and maintenance records on all equipment
- Inspect, diagnose, and repair mechanical problems for all maintenance equipment
- Set heights and sharpen blades on the cutting units
- Make cuts, welds and braze as needed in repairing equipment and mowing units
- Price comparison on all related parts and materials before ordering
- Maintain an adequate supply of parts through requisitions to the Purchasing Manager
- Monitor gas and fuel levels in storage tanks
- Assure proper disposal of all related hazardous materials
- Perform other duties assigned by supervisor or manager
- Properly service and maintain all types of Golf Course Equipment.
- Assist Superintendent/Assistant in training staff on safe equipment use.
- Maintain daily sharpness and height of reel mowers.
- Order parts and supplies to facilitate equipment repair.
- Spot check equipment performance in the field.
- Work on the golf course as needed.
- Carries out preventative maintenance schedules for all equipment.
- Inspects equipment for operating deficiencies.
- Repairs and adjusts equipment.
- Assists in maintaining repair records on all equipment.
- Assists in establishing and maintaining safety procedures for using equipment.
- Maintains fuel consumption and supplies records.
- Maintains inventory of parts and supplies.
- Maintain a neat, clean and orderly shop operation.
At least a one-year certificate from college or technical school or 1-3 years of related experience, or an equal combination of school and experience.
- Knowledge of small engine repair
- Ability to use equipment and tools properly and safely
- Ability to inspect equipment and related component
- Must be highly motivated, goal driven and self-starter
- Must have the ability to follow verbal and written instructions
- Regularly required to reach with hands and arms
- Often required to stand, walk, push, pull, lift grasp, bend, and kneel for five hours at a time without sitting
- Frequently is required to sit, climb, or balance, stoop, crawl, handle, feel or operate objects, tools, or controls
- Must be able to lift and/or move up to 30lbs occasionally
- Specific vision abilities include close, distance, color, and peripheral vision, and depth perception
- Moderate exposure to extreme cold, heat, working outdoors, chemicals, pesticides, gasoline, vibration, mechanical hazards, and electrical hazards
- Daily exposure to dusts and pollens
- Noise level is typically loud
- Work extended hours during golf and holiday season
- Work weekends and holidays
401k with company match
Paid time off
Date Job is Available
$28 to $32 per hour
Job Application Instructions
Please apply directly on the clubs website.
641 views - Updated