The irrigation technician, under the supervision of the golf course superintendent or assistant golf course superintendent, is responsible for the programming, operation and maintenance of the golf course irrigation system(s). The irrigation technician is required to report any irregularities in course turf quality to the superintendent or assistant superintendent.
- Waters greens, tees and fairways.
- Keeps rainfall, ET and irrigation records.
- Operates irrigation heads in dry areas needing additional water.
- Monitors, inspects and cleans pumps and pump house.
- Repairs the irrigation system, pipes and irrigation heads as needed.
- Completes requests for irrigation and course parts and supplies.
- Occasionally supervises a small labor force for special projects, and performs other duties as directed by supervisor.
- Working knowledge of basic electricity and hydraulics related to an irrigation system, including automatic valves and controllers, and working knowledge of various types of pumps and pumping systems.
- Proficiency in computer use, knowledge of Microsoft Office and other applications as specified by supervisor.
- Understanding of agronomy, turfgrass science and the rules of golf.
- Knowledge of tools, methods and materials used in grounds and landscape area maintenance work.
- Ability to operate light motorized equipment.
- Ability to follow oral and written directions.
- Possession of a valid driver's license.
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Referral program
- Vision insurance
Date Job is Available
$18 to $20 per hour
578 views - Updated