We are Invited.
At Invited, work feels like play, as you build relationships with your team and meet Members from all different backgrounds. Every time you step foot in your Club, you can create magic moments and enrich lives. So, join us and be a part of a fun, fast-paced, high-impact group of talented people. We are passionate about bringing people together and about bringing out the very best in life.
Invited reflects our proud history of inclusiveness and captures our welcoming spirit. Our unprecedented collection of more than 200 golf and country, city, and stadium clubs share a common goal- building relationships and enriching lives. The time has come to build on our traditions and write new chapters. We welcome you to join us.
Invited. Where You Belong.
Firestone Country Club in Akron, Ohio
Tradition. Beauty. History.
Firestone Country Club is one of golf’s most timeless destinations. 54 legendary holes of golf, spacious overnight accommodations, friendly and professional staff, and outstanding cuisine make for the ultimate golf and country club experience. From the iconic golf heroes of days past such as Snead, Palmer and Nicklaus, to the golfers of the future like Rory McIlroy, Adam Scott and Ricky Fowler, Firestone Country Club has permanently positioned itself among the elite. From the iconic golf heroes of days past such as Snead, Palmer and Nicklaus, to the golfers of the future like Rory McIlroy, Adam Scott and Ricky Fowler, Firestone Country Club has permanently positioned itself among the elite.
Over the years, Firestone has played host to an impressive list of professional golf tournaments. Notable champions of past and present have staked their claim to fame on our prestigious courses, from Tommy Bolt winning the first Rubber City Open, to Tiger Woods’ eight WGC-NEC and Bridgestone Invitational victories. Other members of the Firestone winner’s circle include Jack Nicklaus, Tom Nieporte, Steve Stricker, and Rory McIlroy.
Marked by water on over half of the 18 holes, the North Course is meticulously designed and maintained to showcase Firestone’s natural beauty. Since it opened in 1969, the North Course has hosted both the American Golf Classic and the World Series of Golf.
The First Assistant Superintendent is responsible for golf course maintenance operations, and staff under the leadership of the Golf Course Superintendent to ensure healthy growth of the golf course and clubhouse grounds grasses, trees, wetlands, and other plant materials. The duties include assessing and providing guidance and expertise to maintain rigorous industry and environmental standards in turf quality, including use of specialized knowledge in various fields of agronomy and horticulture.
- Train and Implement Procedures for Golf Course Maintenance Staff
- Perform Chemical and Fertilizer applications
- Daily water management of Practices Greens, Tees, and Fairways
- Daily evaluation of turf for wear, disease, moisture, cut quality, growth rate, etc.
- Ensure all company policies, standards of operations, manuals, standards of conduct, safety rules, and policies against harassment are strictly followed by all staff and member/guests (including prompt intervention, investigation, and documentation).
- Determine appropriate personnel action (counseling, written warnings, suspension or termination) in the event of performance, attendance problems or violations of company policies coordinate with Human Resources, Legal, and Senior Management as necessary.
- Assign and develop work-efficient schedules to meet staffing needs of Golf Operations and as warranted, recruit and hire staff to provide superior level of member services.
- Effective communication with staff, members, and Senior Management.
- 2-3 years’ experience in Golf Course Maintenance.
- Min 2-year College Agronomy Degree.
- Pesticide Applicators License.
- Advanced knowledge of regulatory requirements and recordkeeping as required by local, state and federal laws.
- Diplomatic team player able to foster relationships with Members, Employee Partners and guests.
- Bilingual (English - Spanish) communication ability preferred.
Date Job is Available
$45,000 to $48,000 per year
Job Application Instructions
Please apply through the link below.