Professional Golf Course experience
Oklahoma City Golf and country club – 2014 to Present
v Current Senior Assistant Superintendent
v Interim Superintendent while going through a transition of Head GCS
The Oklahoma City Golf and Country Club was established in 1911 and is Oklahoma City’s oldest and most prestigious private country club. 18 Hole private facility designed by Perry Maxwell and Alister Mackenzie in 1929
· Direct supervision of turf department totaling 23+ employees
· Direct all operations including course conditions, large scale renovations and projects, day to day operations, leadership and training, application of herbicides, fungicides, and all other chemical applications in association with laws and regulations.
· Played a key role in fiscal budgetary planning and regulating our 1.4M yearly budget
· Prior to renovation- managed common Bermuda fairways, Gracemont Bermuda tees and collars, and SR1020 Bentgrass greens.
· Project oversight of 2019 $9M renovation. Renovation included: Re-grassing of fairways, tees, and rough. Complete reconstruction of greens to USGA spec, with Sub-air installation included. Greens seeded with 007 Bentgrass variety. All tees rebuilt with drainage specs. Fairways, tees, approaches, and collars all regrassed with Latitude 36 Bermuda. All bunkers rebuilt to our Architect, Tripp Davis, specs. Complete new drainage across the entire golf course. Brand new Toro irrigation system including brand new pump station and 1700+ sprinklers installed on property for wall to wall irrigation.
· Worked closely with LaBar Golf Renovations, Landscapes Unlimited, and Jones Plan, LLC contractors during this renovation period
· Managed many crews for in-house projects during this renovation to include: Gabion baskets for erosion control. Installation of 480V 3 phase power to all green complexes for improved air movement with Precision Air fans (2 locations at each green sight). Installation of bunker irrigation around 55+ bunkers. Construction of pavestone cart paths at tee and green parking locations. Installation of Bunker Solutions liner for superior drainage control. Removal of 500+ trees on property to help enhance the playability of the course.
Tour 18 @ Rose creek, Edmond ok – 2012 to 2014
v Irrigation Technician
v Assistant Superintendent for 2 years
18 Hole Semi-Private club designed by Oklahoma renowned Architect Arthur Hills, opened in 2003
· Managed Tifway 419 Bermuda grass on tees, fairways, and rough. L-93 Bentgrass on greens.
· Helped directing all operations of golf course including course conditions, small renovation projects, tournament preparations, leadership and training of turf department staff of 12+ employees
· Project oversight for numerous improvements including resurfacing fairways and tees, subsurface drainage, new irrigation, and bunker drainage enhancements.
Golf Course Superintendents Associations of America
Current Assistant Liaison for the Oklahoma GCSA Board of Directors