CHECK OUT OUR GIS17 BLOG COVERAGE
Bill Kreuser, Ph.D., University of Nebraska: Data-driven Turf Management: A GreenKeeper App Tutorial
Feb 23 2017Increasing numbers of turf managers rely on data to make management decisions and justify inputs. While data-driven decision making is effective, collecting, interpreting and using data in decision making can be time-consuming and overwhelming. In this TurfNet University Webinar, Bill Kreuser, Ph...
- Do greens need to be Aerified?
posted Yesterday, 12:52 PM by Jonathan Burke"The attached article was brought to my attention by my General Manager. The article can be found in the January/February 2017 issue of The Boardroom, a publication for The Association of Private Cl..."
- Geese Harassment
posted Feb 17 2017 by Noy Sparks"Shot this morning. Sorry for the video quality. Phone in one hand, pointer in the other-- Noy "
RUTHERFORDTON, North Carolina
Basking Ridge, New Jersey
Latest from the blogs...
Here at the 'Rock
- Low Input Science At Work In The Lab
"As promised, Mark Hoban hosts this inside look at a research lab, with Dr. Mussie Habteselassie, Ph.D., Associate Professor of Soil Microbiology at the University of Georgia Griffin Experiment Station campus. Dr. Habteselassie, while conducting an experiment dealing..." Read more →
- Dr. Ben Wherley: The influence of deficit irrigation on turf growth and performance
"In this episode of Frankly Speaking, I chat with Dr. Ben Wherley of Texas A&M about the influence of deficit irrigation on turf growth and performance, along with the many issues surrounding water and the impact of shortages on management decisions. Smart talk from leading thi..." Read more →
PETER McCORMICK: View from the Cheap Seats
- Mid-winter jolts of energy, and paths less taken...
"Back in the day when Daughter B was in the college application mode, envelopes in the mail were opened with a combination of anticipation, excitement and trepidation. Unlike many of her peers who threw a dozen or more applications against the wall hoping that at least one of choice would stick,..." Read more →
Career & Tech Interchange
- Critical checklist for your online presence...
"The very first article I wrote for TurfNet back in 2013 covered the many potential dangers of an online presence. I'm sure most of you have forgotten it and it's only gotten more important in the years since as social media continues its rise in our daily lives. As 2..." Read more →
THE PIN SHEET
- John Zimmers, Oakmont Country Club, Oakmont, Pennsylvania
"According to legend, John Zimmers was a pretty good baseball player back in the day at Tyrone High School in west-central Pennsylvania. But it has been his work in the golf business that grabbed the attention of folks back in h..." Read more →
The Mindful Superintendent
LIVING LEGENDS: Where are they now?
- Audiocast: Joe Alonzi, CGCS... Career superintendent, mentor to many
"In this episode of Living Legends, Where Are They Now?, host John Reitman chats with Joe Alonzi, CGCS, who retired in 2014 after 22 years at the storied Westchester Country Club. A superintendent for over 40 years, Alonzi is well known for having mentored many assistants who w..." Read more →
Third Way Green
THE LADDER TurfNetRADIO podcast series
THE RENOVATION REPORT
- The Renovation Report with Thomas Bastis, CGCS... 8 years after.
Eight Years. It's a blink of an eye. Thomas Bastis checks in with Dave Wilber 8 years after his world class renovation of The California Golf Club of San Francisco. Thomas shares his experience in looking back as his old/new golf cours... Read more →
The Turfgrass Zealot
- The Turfgrass Zealot Project, Ep. 27 with guest Kevin Ross of CC of the Rockies "Join me as I interview Kevin Ross, CGCS, about the state of the "superintendent job" and his upcoming retirement from the golf course. We talk about everything. Especially his upcoming job change. And his time at The Ryder Cup. And much much mor..." Read more →
TURFNET ON TOUR 2017: St. Andrews and BTME
- Wednesday at Harrogate: Ryder Cup redux, show mentoring and UK Beer & Pretzels
"Ryder Cup Round Table and a Chance to Mentor a Young Greenkeeper from the UK. Not to mention a UK twist on TurfNets Beer & Pretzels Wednesday brought another full house to Royal Hall with an Opening Session featuring five Ryder Cup superintendents. The group span..." Read more →
Welcome New Members!
James StruttonSun Eagles Golf Club, Eatontown NJ 07724
Phill CahoonWillow Creek Country Club, Sandy, Utah
Alan DavisWillow Creek Country Club, Sandy, Utah
Mark StalloneCream Ridge Golf Club, Cream Ridge NJ 08514
Peter D HunterRandall's Island Park Alliance, New York, New York
John GillandOzark Country Club, Ozark, AL
Chrisopher DeshongCroasdaile Country Club, Durham, NC
THANK YOU TO OUR PROGRAM SPONSORS:
— PROGRAM SPONSORS —
— PROGRAM SPONSORS —
— PROGRAM SPONSORS —
- "Have fun. Anything can change, without warning, and that's why I try not to take any of what's happened too seriously..."
— Donald Trump