In yet another fascinating discussion with Jim Koppenhaver of Pellucid Corp, we chat about the current state of the golf industry, including:
- reduction and absorption in golf facilities and businesses that serve them
- comparisons with retail and restaurant industries that are also cyclical industries
- warning signs for superintendents that a facility might be in financial trouble
- the change in golf's consumer base and requirements, including digital technology
- non-green grass business opportunities do they lead to green-grass opportunities for golf facilities?
- TopGolf and virtual golf: good for the green-grass sector of golf?
- Should guidelines replace rules to increase the fun factor of golf
- getting new golfers to the point of involvement that will make them stick as players and customers
- growing the game by drilling deeper into the pool of "older white guys with money" who arent golfers.
Spend 45 minutes for a better understanding of where golf is and where it can go... both good and bad.