I am looking to return to the turf management industry after having completed some personal goals of mine these past few years. I began my turf management journey at Atropine's Golf Course (Oceana Naval Air Station) in Virginia Beach, VA, during the summer of 2012. After completion of my graduate studies and working in the field of Chaplaincy for a time, I pursued an opportunity at Virginia Beach National Golf Club in Virginia Beach, VA as a laborer/operator in 2017. From there I was provided the opportunity to continue in my growth and development as an Assistant Superintendent at Kiln Creek Golf Club & Resort in 2018, where I was later promoted to Grounds Superintendent and worked in that role until 2021. During the three years I spent at Kiln Creek I completed a Certificate in Golf Course Management from The Ohio State University and obtained my 3B Commercial Spray license through the Virginia Department of Agriculture and Consumer Services (This is currently expired and I desire to work toward regaining my credentials).
I would love nothing more than to return to the turf management industry to continue to pursue my career goals.
The Ohio State University,Online Program, Completed 2019
Certificate in Golf Course Management
Denver Seminary, Littleton, CO, Graduated August 2015
Master of Arts in Chaplaincy (Master of Divinity Equivalent)
Virginia Wesleyan College, Norfolk, VA, Graduated May 2011
Bachelor of Arts in Recreation and Leisure Management, Minor in Religious Studies
Related Work Experience
Superintendent of Grounds/Assistant Superintendent,Kiln Creek Golf Club & Resort, June 2018-June 2021
- Supervised and managed a staff of 6 to 12 employees daily.
- Promoted and maintained a high level of standards in all work and held employees to that standard.
- Practiced leadership by example and led from alongside employees while exercising time management skills effectively.
- Provide on-call spiritual and emotional support to patients and the hospital community.
- Facilitate and chart spiritual assessments.
Chaplain Resident,Riverside Regional Medical Center,Clinical Pastoral Education (3 Units),
June 2021-June 2022
- Provide spiritual and emotional support to patients and the hospital community.
- Facilitate/Chart spiritual assessments of patients and staff, utilizing a Spiritual Distress Assessment Tool (SDAT).
- Prepare and perform devotions and sermons on a weekly basis for the hospital community.
- Assist in completion of Advanced Care Planning for patients and their family members.
- Provide necessary crisis intervention to trauma and emergency calls.
- Provide solo, overnight, on-call coverage of entire hospital one night per week.
- Work within a team environment to implement strategies to improve spiritual care.
- As part of my residency experience, I worked within an interdisciplinary team to develop and implement a holistic, self-care program for the nursing staff, with my focus being in the practice of mindfulness meditation and deep breathing practices, for the purpose of decreasing attrition rates and preventing burnout.
Campus Chaplain/Assistant Activities Director,Greenbrier Christian Academy, May 2016-July 2017
- Collaborated with team-leaders (Worship team, speakers, etc.) to plan chapel.
- Led the Collegiate Academy chapel services on a weekly basis through preaching and facilitation.
- Planned and coordinated, both within the GCA community and the outside community, qualified individuals to speak in the Collegiate Academy chapel services throughout the year. - Worked with Beginnings, Foundations, and Bridge administrators to develop plans for chapel services that met the needs of younger students and ensured continuity of theme at all grade levels.
- Authored weekly summaries of chapel services and other writings on the “Chaplain’s Corner” of the website.
- Participated in the coordination and planning of select student activities. - Supported the student activities department by attending and assisting the activities director as able. - Organized and revised guidelines for Counseling/Mentoring with department team. - Was available throughout Academy hours, as well as after-school, to meet with students as needed. - Assisted students in establishing goals for success in the classroom as well as in their personal lives. - Planned and facilitated group studies on a year-round basis for students, faculty, and staff. - Organized, motivated, and initiated various programs with students, faculty, staff, and parents. - Designed and implemented group study times for after-school extracurricular activities (theatre, band, athletic teams, etc.).
Chaplain Resident,Riverside Regional Medical Center,Clinical Pastoral Education (1 Unit),
September 2015-January 2016
- Provided emotional and spiritual support to patients and hospital community.
- Facilitated/Charted spiritual assessments of patients and staff.
- Provided necessary crisis intervention to trauma and emergency calls.
- Provided solo, overnight, on-call coverage of entire hospital one night per week.
- Worked within a team environment to implement strategies to improve spiritual care.
Chaplain Intern,Denver Health Medical Center,Clinical Pastoral Education (1 Unit),
May 2014-August 2014,
- Facilitated spiritual care for patients and staff.
- Responded to emergency/crisis situations.
- Assessed and documented spiritual state of patients and staff of which I visited.
- Performed everyday upkeep of hospital Chapel.
Facilities Assistant,Cherry Creek Presbyterian Church, December 2012-May 2014
- Commercially cleaned bathrooms, vacuumed, cleaned glass, and disposed of all trash in the building.
- Performed set-up/breakdowns of small and large-scale events.
- Cooked and served dinners once per week to congregants and the homeless.
- Performed grounds work (lawn-mowing, weed-eating, etc.).