Join Paul MacCormack, The Mindful Superintendent, for a six-session introductory workshop series on the basics of mindfulness and meditation. This is a very basic course for those who are curious but don't know where or how to start. The intent is simply to introduce you to the practice and let you give it a try.
The series kicks off Monday, March 8 at 4:00PM Eastern and will last 60-90 minutes. Subsequent sessions will follow at the same time for the next five weeks, on Zoom.Each class will begin with a short meditation, followed by a 15-20 minute talk, then another meditation and time for Q & A. There will be some basic homework of reflection and easy journal writing. Topics will include:
- Introduction session
- Mindfulness of body & breath
- Mindfulness of thoughts
- Mindfulness of emotion & feeling
- Inner Relationship
- Interconnection and conclusion
Paul is the superintendent/general manager of Fox Meadow Golf Club, located in Stratford, Prince Edward Island, Canada, where he lives with his wife, Jill, and three children, Maria, Lucas and Clara. He has been writing The Mindful Superintendent blog for us since 2012, and recently became a Certified Meditation Teacher.
- Participation is limited to 15 people.
- There is a $100 "skin in the game" fee for the series.
- Commitment to the full six-session series is encouraged.
- First consideration will be given to TurfNet members.