Jim Koppenhaver of Pellucid Corp on the current state of the golf industry
In yet another fascinating discussion with Jim Koppenhaver of Pellucid Corp, we chat about the current state of the golf industry, including:
- reduction and absorption in golf facilities and businesses that serve them
- comparisons with retail and restaurant industries that are also cyclical industries
- warning signs for superintendents that a facility might be in financial trouble
- the change in golf's consumer base and requirements, including digital technology
- non-green grass business opportunities do they lead to green-grass opportunities for golf facilities?
- TopGolf and virtual golf: good for the green-grass sector of golf?
- Should guidelines replace rules to increase the fun factor of golf
- getting new golfers to the point of involvement that will make them stick as players and customers
- growing the game by drilling deeper into the pool of "older white guys with money" who arent golfers.
Spend 45 minutes for a better understanding of where golf is and where it can go... both good and bad.